Looking for capital cities quiz questions and answers? This quiz features 40 questions including a fun picture round based on landmarks and flags.
After the popularity of my geography trivia quiz, it’s time to challenge you yet again, this time with a fun quiz all about the world’s capitals.
Over the last few years we’ve all gained an appreciation for quizzes. Whether you’ve been taking part in the occasional one with friends over Zoom or you love visiting your local pub for a fun quiz night, there are plenty of ways to get involved. I don’t know about you, but I always look forward to the geography round most!
What better way to reminisce about past travels and dream about future trips than with a test of your world knowledge. If you thought my geography quiz, Great Britain quiz and England quiz were challenging, wait until you glance over these capital cities quiz questions! They’re guaranteed to put your world knowledge to the test.
From identifying landmarks and naming the city it’s located in, to knowing the capitals, airport codes and interesting buildings in cities across the world, some of these will definitely have you scratching your head. There are 40 points up for grabs. Feel free to use this quiz when it’s your turn to host a quiz night with friends, or you can challenge yourself right now.
BRAND NEW: Check out my other fun quizzes including a brand new logo quiz, one all about food, a challenging art and literature quiz and my 50 world geography trivia questions. They’ll keep you busy!
Scroll down and you’ll find my capital cities quiz questions and answers. I know picture rounds have been pretty popular, so there are a few fun rounds to have a good look at below too. Ready? GOOD LUCK!
If you’re looking for more fun quizzes to do, then make sure you check out Ultimate Quiz Questions. This site is packed with the world’s best quizzes on every topic, so enjoy!
Capital Cities Quiz – Questions
- What is the capital of Australia?
- Baku is the capital of what country?
- If I’m looking at the Trevi Fountain, which capital city am I in?
- WAW is the code for the airport in which capital city?
- If I’m visiting the capital of Belarus, which city am I in?
- The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is found in which capital city?
- Camden and Brixton are areas of which capital?
- Which capital city appears in the title of a 2014 film, starring Ralph Fiennes and directed by Wes Anderson?
- What is the capital of Cambodia?
- Bogota is the capital of which South American country?
- Which of these is the capital of Costa Rica: San Cristobel, San Jose or San Sebastien?
- What is the highest capital in the world?
- SKB is the airport code for which Caribbean island’s capital city airport?
- Tegel Airport is found in which European capital city?
- What is the capital of Canada?
- Vaduz is the capital of which country?
- Which legendary music act spent a lot of his life in Kingston in Jamaica?
- What is the capital of India?
- The Musee d’Orsay is located in which capital city?
- What is the capital of South Korea?
Capital Cities Quiz – Picture Round – Landmarks And Flags
I know the picture rounds have gone down a storm, so it’s time to see how well you know your flags and landmarks. 20 points up for grabs in these two rounds. Good luck!
Capital Cities Quiz – Questions And Answers
So how do you think you got on? Read to mark your work? Think you’re top of the class or need to spend some time gazing at a map? Good luck!
- What is the capital of Australia? Canberra
- Baku is the capital of what country? Azerbaijan
- If I’m looking at the Trevi Fountain, which capital city am I in? Rome, Italy
- WAW is the airport code for the airport in which capital city? Warsaw, Poland
- If I’m visiting the capital of Belarus, which city am I in? Minsk
- The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is found in which capital city? Muscat, Oman
- Camden and Brixton are areas of which capital? London, England
- Which capital city appears in the title of a 2014 film, starring Ralph Fiennes and directed by Wes Anderson?The Grand Budapest Hotel
- What is the capital of Cambodia? Phnom Penh
- Bogota is the capital of which South American country? Colombia
- Which of these is the capital of Costa Rica: San Cristobel, San Jose or San Sebastien? San Jose
- What is the highest capital in the world? La Paz, Bolivia
- SKB is the airport code for which Caribbean island’s capital city airport? St Kitts
- Tegel Airport is found in which European capital city? Berlin
- What is the capital of Canada? Ottawa
- Vaduz is the capital of which country? Liechtenstein
- Which legendary music act spent a lot of his life in Kingston in Jamaica? Bob Marley
- What is the capital of India? New Delhi
- The Musee d’Orsay is located in which capital city? Paris, France
- What is the capital of South Korea? Seoul
Capital Cities Quiz – Picture Round – Landmarks Answers
(Landmark = 1 point, capital city = 1 point)
- United States Capitol, Washington, D.C.
- Acropolis, Athens
- St Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi
- Pyramids of Giza, Cairo
Capital Cities Quiz – Flags Picture Round Answers
(Country = 1 point, capital city = 1 point)
- Sweden, Stockholm
- Mexico, Mexico City
- Ukraine, Kiev
- Argentina, Buenos Aires
- Vietnam, Hanoi
So how did you get on? Feeling smug or need to revisit your school geography textbooks?
If you enjoyed this quiz, check out all my general knowledge quizzes, which cover geography, music, food, art, culture and more!
General Knowledge - Questions and Answers
This fun logo quiz features five challenging rounds, and includes themed rounds on car logos, food companies and fashion brands.
Are you a world traveller who can identify every single country on the map? Do you know your highest mountains, longest rivers and largest countries? How about landmarks?
This giant 50-question geography trivia quiz features a challenging picture round of flags. It's time to find out once and for all who knows their way around the globe.
These animal trivia questions are guaranteed to test your knowledge of all creatures great and small.
From fastest birds to unusual critters, how much do you know about the animal world?
Looking for London trivia questions? This quiz features 30 questions including a fun picture round based on famous London landmarks.
From catwalk legends to that iconic little black dress, these ultimate fashion quiz questions will put your knowledge to the test.
From famous kings and longest rivers, to unusual facts and famous people, these Great British quiz questions will test your knowledge of British geography, history, cities, landmarks, literature and more.
There's another fun picture round too - good luck!
These music trivia questions are guaranteed to test your knowledge of rock, pop, indie and more.
From debut albums and Bond themes, to real names and a fun picture round, it’s time to find out if you’re a music maestro!
These 50 art and literature quiz questions are guaranteed to test your cultural knowledge.
Do you know your Charles Dickens from your George Orwell, and your Picasso from your Dali?
From famous paintings and plays, to novels, poems and sculptures, how much do you know? It's time to find out...
If you've aced some of the geography rounds so far, it's time to move on USA trivia? Do you know your US states from the founding fathers? What about naming all 45 presidents?
If you think you know your Franklins from your Fitzgeralds, it’s time to take on this tricky USA trivia quiz.
Take a trip down memory lane and test your silver screen knowledge with our awesome 90s movie quiz.
Let's face it, everyone LOVES a picture round. This UK picture quiz, features 50 challenging questions across 5 fun rounds.
Identify brands from their logos, famous British celebrities and name the classic British dishes. It's the ultimate test for anyone who thinks they know British culture inside-out.
How well do you think you know Wales? From names of rivers to mountains and specific facts about this small country, it's time to put your knowledge to the test with these Wales quiz questions.
From bothies and castles to William Wallace and Robert the Bruce, these challenging Scotland quiz questions will truly test your knowledge.
If you're a fan of travelling around England, or of English culture, no doubt you'll fare well on this quiz.
It's time to find out how well you know the London tube map, the greats of England’s music scene and the country's most famous landmarks.